Nursing Assistant Training Academy offers in class,
continue education courses for CNA/HHA renewal
- For each two-year period of certification, CNA’s are required to obtain 48 hours of in-service or continuing education
- They must complete at least 12 CEU’s the first year; the remaining 36 credits may be taken the second year.
- CNA’S may take 24 of the 48 CEU’s online by an approved online computer training program. The remainder 24hrs must be an approved classroom training program.
- In addition to the CEUs, CNA must work at least 8 hours in the 2 year period.
- CNA’s are required to keep a written, cumulative list of the in-service/continuing education hours they complete for four years.
- CNA’s are not required to submit those hours at the time of renewal; however, if ATCS asks for this list and a CNA cannot produce it, his or her certificate becomes inactive until he/she can verify the hours certified in his/her application for renewal.
- HHAs Must obtain 24 hours of In-Service Training/CEUs within the certification period. Twelve of the twenty-four hours are required in each year of the two-year certification period (HHAs may not use online CEUs to meet the requirement)
$50 FOR 8 HOURS (make payments, a day before the first day of class, Bring in your CNA certification)
May 7th & 29th @ 9am
June 21st & 28th @ 9am
July 26th @ 9am
August 2nd @ 9am